A House Name used on more or less pornographic novels, several with sf content, published by Greenleaf Classics, a company owned by one-time sf editor William Hamling. The Sex Pill (1968) as by Williams is by Andrew J Offutt. Other fantastic titles which appeared with this byline are by unidentified authors: Devil's Degradation (1966), Her (1967) – a parody of H Rider Haggard's She (October 1886-January 1887 The Graphic; cut 1886; full text 1887) which may also be by Offutt – Witch in Heat (1967) with cover but not title-page credit to Jordan James, and ESP Orgy (1968). [PN/DRL]
see also: Victor Jay.
"J X Williams"
- Devil's Degradation (San Diego, California: Corinth Evening Reader, 1966) [pb/]
- Her (San Diego, California: Corinth Publications, 1967) [pb/Darrel Millsap]
- Witch in Heat (San Diego, California: Corinth Publications, 1967) as by James Jordan [cover and title page differ, with J X Williams credited in the latter position: pb/]
- ESP Orgy (San Diego, California: Greenleaf Classics, 1968) [pb/]
- The Sex Pill (San Diego, California: Phenix Publishers/Pleasure Reader Books, 1968) by Andrew J Offutt [pb/]
Previous versions of this entry