Back to entry: krepps_robert_w | Show links black
Krepps, Robert W
(1919-1980) US author whose sf and fantasy work mostly appeared under the pseudonym Geoff St Reynard. As St Reynard he began publishing work of genre interest with "Wink Van Ripple" in Fantastic Adventures for December 1945, contributing frequently to that journal until its demise in 1953. Work published here included the first Usurpers tale, "The Usurpers" (January 1950 Fantastic Adventures), which was followed by Beware, the Usurpers (November 1951 Imagination; 2011 dos); and the book-length "Mistress of the Djinn" (November 1950 Fantastic Adventures), which is fantasy. Several of his works were Space Operas, all modestly unambitious.
Under his own name he mostly wrote adventure tales, some for such Slick journals as The Saturday Evening Post. His sf debut as Krepps was "'A Nickel Saved ...'" (March 1949 Fantastic Adventures). Also as Krepps he collaborated with H L Gold on the story The Enormous Room (October-November 1953 Amazing; 1955 chap). [JC/DRL]
Robert Wilson Krepps
born Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: 11 December 1919
died Pinellas, Florida: 24 January 1980
- Armageddon, Earth (Medford, Oregon: Armchair Fiction, 2011) as by Geoff St Reynard [dos: first appeared October 1952 Imagination as "Armageddon 1970": pb/W E Terry]
- Beware, the Usurpers (Medford, Oregon: Armchair Fiction, 2011) as by Geoff St Reynard [dos: first appeared November 1951 Imagination: pb/Malcolm Smith]
- The Great Flying Saucer Invasion (Medford, Oregon: Armchair Fiction, 2014) [dos: first appeared November 1954 Imagination as "Don't Panic" by Geoff St Reynard: pb/Ed Emshwiller]
- Beyond the Fearful Forest (Medford, Oregon: Armchair Fiction, 2015) as by Geoff St Reynard [dos: first appeared April 1951 Imagination: pb/Malcolm Smith]
collections and stories
- The Enormous Room (Sydney, New South Wales: Malian Press, 1955) with H L Gold [story: chap: first appeared October/November 1953 Amazing: Selected Science Fiction Magazine: pb/Stanley Pitt]
- The Buttoned Sky (no place given: Project Gutenberg, 2010) as Geoff St Reynard [story: ebook: first appeared August 1953 Imagination: na/]
- The Cosmic Bunglers & The Buttoned Sky (Armchair Fiction, 2012) as Geoff St Reynard [coll: exp of the above as coll: "The Cosmic Bunglers" first appeared January 1956 Imaginative Tales: pb/H H McCauley]
- The Giants from Outer Space (no place given: Project Gutenberg, 2010) as Geoff St Reynard [novella: ebook: first appeared May 1954 Imagination: na/]
Entry from The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction (2011-current) edited by John Clute and David Langford.
Accessed 01:12 am on 20 August 2022.