Entry updated 14 November 2022. Tagged: Author.
Pseudonym of US author Anne Holmberg (1938- ), mostly of historical romances under several names, also including Kate Holmes and Anne Woodward. She is of sf interest for several romantic Space Operas, including A Distant Star (1993), in which a colony planet at the end of the Long Night after empire is under observation pending its return to galactic civilization; All's Fair (1994), in which sexually-involved traders compete for a new product; and Far Star (1995), whose protagonists make do on a newly colonized planet (see Colonization of Other Worlds). Hidden Heart (1996) is a Planetary Romance where romance and dynastic sexual politics may fatally collide. [JC]
born Colorado: 1938
works (highly selected)
- A Distant Star (New York: Love Spell, 1993) [pb/John Ennis]
- All's Fair (New York: Love Spell, 1994) [pb/John Ennis]
- Far Star(New York: Love Spell, 1995) [pb/John Ennis]
- Hidden Heart (New York: Love Spell, 1996) [pb/Doreen Minuto]
- The Wild Swans (New York: Love Spell, 2000) [in the publisher's Faerie Tale Romance series: pb/Doreen Minuto]
- Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- "Futuristic Romances: An Annotated Bibliography of the Futuristic Romances Published by Leisure Books and Love Spell"
previous versions of this entry