Entry updated 14 November 2022. Tagged: Author.
(1939-2019) US author who wrote romances variously under her full name and also as by Jackie Black; active for more than a decade from 1982. She is of sf interest for the Destiny sequence beginning with Dreams of Destiny (1990), whose protagonist, a psychic (see Psi Powers) is rescued from a planet devastated by War and given the chance to go wandering in a romance-filled Space Opera galaxy. She jumps at the chance. The protagonist of The New Frontier (1995), a singleton, is forcibly removed from a Near Future Dystopian Earth to a colony planet as breeding stock for pioneers (see Colonization of Other Worlds) and makes the best of it, with some reluctance, perhaps feigned. [JC]
Jacqueline Ashley Casto
born Pauls Valley, California: 1939
died Glenwood Springs, Colorado: 2019
- Dreams of Destiny (New York: Leisure Books, 1990) [Destiny: pb/]
- Daughter of Destiny (New York: Leisure Books, 1990) [Destiny: pb/]
- The New Frontier (New York: Leisure Books, 1995) [pb/]
- Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- "Futuristic Romances: An Annotated Bibliography of the Futuristic Romances Published by Leisure Books and Love Spell"
previous versions of this entry