Entry updated 12 September 2022. Tagged: Author.
(1961- ) UK author whose first novel, The Miracle Strain (1997), suggests that, through Near Future developments in DNA research, a new Messiah – whose genetic makeup will replicate Jesus Christ's unique makeup, and who will therefore be able to heal the sick, etc – can be found, thus satisfying the long-held plans of a secret Brotherhood, which has existed since the first Messiah's death. Crime Zero (1999) employs Genetic Engineering tropes in a medical sf (see Medicine) thriller about an attempt to create non-criminal males; Lucifer (2001; vt The Lucifer Code 2006) describes another catastrophic religious response to the chance that humanity may be manipulated into triggering Armageddon. [JC]
- The Miracle Strain (London: Bantam UK, 1997) [pb/]
- Crime Zero (London: Transworld/Bantam UK, 1999) [pb/]
- Lucifer (London: Transworld/Bantam UK, 2001) [hb/]
- The Lucifer Code (London: Corgi Books, 2006) [vt of the above: pb/]
- The Source (London: Bantam UK, 2008) [pb/]
previous versions of this entry