Entry updated 29 October 2021. Tagged: Author.
Working name of UK author Kenneth Martin Follett (1949- ), not to be confused with his cousin James Follett, best-known for extremely successful thrillers like Storm Island (1978; vt The Eye of the Needle 1978), but who, under pseudonyms, has also written some sf, mostly in his apprentice years. The Power Twins and the Worm Puzzle: A Science Fantasy for Young People (1976) as by Martin Martinsen is a juvenile; Amok: King of Legend (1976) as by Bernard L Ross is a marginal fantasy about a giant ape not unlike King Kong (see King Kong) (1933); Capricorn One (1978) as by Ross is one of two novelizations, one UK and one US – the other being by Ron Goulart – of the film Capricorn One (1977). The Third Twin (1996), under his own name, is a Technothriller involving a rightwing conspiracy involving Clones and other spin-offs of Genetic Engineering in an attempt to reshape American society.
Follett was appointed CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in 2018. [JC]
Kenneth Martin Follett
born Cardiff, Glamorgan, Wales: 5 June 1949
- The Power Twins and the Worm Puzzle: A Science Fantasy for Young People (London: Abelard-Schuman, 1976) as by Martin Martinsen [chap: hb/]
- The Power Twins (New York: William Morrow, 1990) as Ken Follett [chap: vt of the above: hb/Stephen Marchesi]
- Amok: King of Legend (London: Futura, 1976) as by Bernard L Ross [pb/Chris Achilleos]
- Capricorn One (London: Arthur Barker, 1978) as by Bernard L Ross [tie: novelizing the movie: hb/]
- The Third Twin (New York: Crown Publishers, 1996) [hb/Whitney G Cookman]
previous versions of this entry