Kummer, Frederic Arnold
Entry updated 12 September 2022. Tagged: Author.
(1873-1943) US playwright, screenwriter and author, who may have begun signing his name Frederic Arnold Kummer, Sr after his son Frederic Arnold Kummer, Jr began publishing around 1935. Most of his work is nonfantastic, though he wrote at least two Posthumous Fantasies [for fuller entry on Kummer, and on Posthumous Fantasy, see The Encyclopedia of Fantasy under links below]. The Second Coming: A Vision (1916 chap) with Henry P Janes (1868-? ) is a World War One fantasy in which Christ is reborn to appeal for peace in an audience with the Kaiser. [JC]
Frederic Arnold Kummer
born Catonsville, Maryland: 5 August 1873
died Baltimore, Maryland: 22 November 1943
works (highly selected)
- The Second Coming: A Vision (New York: Dodd, Mead and Company 1916) with Henry P Janes [chap: hb/]
- Ladies in Hades: A Story of Hell's Smart Set (New York: J H Sears, 1928) [hb/]
- Gentlemen in Hades: The Story of a Damned Debutante (New York: Sears Publishing Company, 1930) [hb/]
- Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- The Encyclopedia of Fantasy: Frederic Arnold Kummer; Posthumous Fantasy.
- Picture Gallery
previous versions of this entry