Entry updated 28 April 2022. Tagged: Author.
(1965- ) UK-born author and poet with an MA in mathematics from Cambridge University; currently in the US as a naturalized citizen. She began to publish work of genre interest with "Gift" in Strange Days magazine for Fall 1992. Her first book-length publication was the fantasy collection Winter Shadows and Other Tales (coll 2001), followed by the sf collection Ebb Tides and Other Tales (coll 2002); the latter includes work first published in Aboriginal Science Fiction, Amazing Stories, F&SF, Interzone, On Spec, Pirate Writings and Spectrum SF.
Crowned (coll 2015; much exp vt The Sign of the Dragon coll 2020) comprises a set of linked Fantasy poems featuring dragons (see Supernatural Creatures), prophecy (see Prediction) and War, forming an epic saga of 300+ pieces, in effect a novel in verse. Two of Lee's poems have won Rhysling Awards and she is also a winner of the Elgin Award for Poetry, named for Suzette Haden Elgin. [DRL]
Mary Soon Lee
born London: 1965
- Winter Shadows and Other Tales (Concord, California: Dark Regions Press, 2001) [coll: pb/A B Word]
- Ebb Tides and Other Tales (Concord, California: Dark Regions Press, 2002) [coll: pb/A B Word]
- Crowned (Concord, California: Dark Regions Press, 2015) [poetry: coll: pb/M Wayne Miller]
- The Sign of the Dragon (no place given: JABberwocky Literary Agency, 2020) [poetry: coll: ebook: much exp vt of the above: na/]
- Elemental Haiku: Poems to Honor the Periodic Table, Three Lines at a Time (New York: Random House/Ten Speed Press, 2019) [poetry: coll: first published 4 August 2017 Science: illus/Iris Gottlieb: pb/]
previous versions of this entry