Entry updated 26 October 2021. Tagged: Author, Critic.
(1947- ) US author and critic, collaborator with her husband, Alexei Panshin (whom see for further details), since before 1975. With him she co-wrote the fantasy Earth Magic (April-September 1973 Fantastic as "The Son of Black Morca"; 1978) and the critical volumes SF in Dimension (coll 1976; exp 1980) and The World Beyond the Hill: Science Fiction and the Quest for Transcendence (1989), sharing a nonfiction Hugo with him for the last. Her interest in Sufism and other philosophies of transcendence suffuses, in particular, their joint criticism. [JC/DRL]
see also: Sense of Wonder.
Cory Seidman Panshin
- Earth Magic (New York: Ace Books, 1978) with Alexei Panshin [first appeared April-September 1973 Fantastic as "The Son of Black Morca": pb/Boris Vallejo]
- Farewell to Yesterday's Tomorrow (New York: G P Putnam's Sons, 1975) with Alexei Panshin [coll: uncredited on jacket but collaborative contributions noted in the introduction: hb/Richard Powers]
- SF in Dimension: A Book of Explorations (Chicago, Illinois: Advent: Publishers, 1976) with Alexei Panshin [nonfiction: coll: hb/Richard Olsen]
- SF in Dimension: A Book of Explorations: Second Edition (Chicago, Illinois: Advent: Publishers, 1980) with Alexei Panshin [nonfiction: coll: exp of the above: hb/Richard Olsen]
- Mondi interiori: Storia della Fantascienza ["Interior Worlds"] (Milan, Italy: Editrice Nord, 1978) with Alexei Panshin [nonfiction: translated by Riccardo Valla from various magazines: pb/Cesare Reggiani]
- The World Beyond the Hill: Science Fiction and the Quest for Transcendence (New York: Jeremy P Tarcher, Inc, 1989) with Alexei Panshin [nonfiction: hb/Deborah Daly]
previous versions of this entry