Entry updated 12 September 2022. Tagged: Author, Critic.
(1947- ) US author and critic, collaborator with her husband, Alexei Panshin (whom see for further details), since before 1975. With him she co-wrote the fantasy Earth Magic (April-September 1973 Fantastic as "The Son of Black Morca"; 1978) and the critical volumes SF in Dimension (coll 1976; exp 1980) and The World Beyond the Hill: Science Fiction and the Quest for Transcendence (1989), sharing a nonfiction Hugo with him for the last. Her interest in Sufism and other philosophies of transcendence suffuses, in particular, their joint criticism. [JC/DRL]
see also: Sense of Wonder.
Cory Seidman Panshin
- Earth Magic (New York: Ace Books, 1978) with Alexei Panshin [first appeared April-September 1973 Fantastic as "The Son of Black Morca": pb/Boris Vallejo]
- Farewell to Yesterday's Tomorrow (New York: G P Putnam's Sons, 1975) with Alexei Panshin [coll: uncredited on jacket but collaborative contributions noted in the introduction: hb/Richard Powers]
- Farewell to Yesterday's Tomorrow (New York: Berkley Medallion, 1976) [coll: exp of the above, with "Lady Sunshine and the Magoon of Beatus" added, the latter first published with joint credit in Epoch (anth 1975) edited by Roger Elwood and Robert Silverberg: pb/Richard Powers]
- SF in Dimension: A Book of Explorations (Chicago, Illinois: Advent: Publishers, 1976) with Alexei Panshin [nonfiction: coll: hb/Richard Olsen]
- SF in Dimension: A Book of Explorations: Second Edition (Chicago, Illinois: Advent: Publishers, 1980) with Alexei Panshin [nonfiction: coll: exp of the above: hb/Richard Olsen]
- Mondi interiori: Storia della Fantascienza ["Interior Worlds"] (Milan, Italy: Editrice Nord, 1978) with Alexei Panshin [nonfiction: translated by Riccardo Valla from various magazines: pb/Cesare Reggiani]
- The World Beyond the Hill: Science Fiction and the Quest for Transcendence (New York: Jeremy P Tarcher, Inc, 1989) with Alexei Panshin [nonfiction: hb/Deborah Daly]
previous versions of this entry