Entry updated 29 October 2021. Tagged: Author.
(1947- ) US lawyer and author known for "collaborating" with the dead Harold Robbins (1916-1997) on several posthumous novels. After Gary Jennings, author of Aztec (1980) and its sequels, died in 1999, his editor, Robert Gleason and Podrug continued the Aztec sequence with Aztec Blood (2001); two of the later volumes – Gary Jennings' Apocalypse 2012 (2009) and Garry Jennings' The 2012 Codex (2010), both credited to Gleason and Podrug alone – are set in the Near Future, where a sixteenth century Dark Rift Codex may show how to avert the End of the World.
Podrug's own first novel, Frost of Heaven (1992), carries its protagonist, searching for his father, into the mysterious depths of Asia, where he discovers the eponymous Power Source. Dark Passage (2002) is a Time Travel tale in which Islamic fundamentals travel back to a period before the birth of Jesus in order to arrange a deicide (see Religion), but a team of American time travellers thwarts the plot. [JC]
born Nevada City, California: 1 June 1947
For earlier volumes, see Gary Jennings.
- Aztec Blood (New York: Tor/Forge, 2001) with Robert Gleason and Gary Jennings [Aztec: hb/]
- Gary Jennings' Aztec Rage (New York: Tor/Forge, 2006) with Robert Gleason [Aztec: hb/]
- Gary Jennings' Aztec Fire (New York: Tor/Forge, 2008) with Robert Gleason [Aztec: hb/]
- Gary Jennings' Apocalypse 2012 (New York: Tor/Forge, 2009) with Robert Gleason [Aztec: hb/Jupiterimages]
- Gary Jennings' The 2012 Codex (New York: Tor/Forge, 2010) with Robert Gleason [Aztec: hb/]
- Gary Jennings' Aztec Revenge (New York: Tor/Forge, 2012) [Aztec: hb/]
- Frost of Heaven (Arlington Heights, Illinois: Dark Harvest, 1992) [hb/Gary Glover]
- Dark Passage (New York: Tor/Forge, 2002) [hb/]
- Feathered Serpent 2012 (New York: Tor, 2012) [hb/]
previous versions of this entry