Entry updated 12 September 2022. Tagged: Author.
(? - ) US Videogame designer and author, active in the former capacity from the late 1990s. After an involvement with two nonfantastic Tom Clancy franchises, the Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six series, he began publishing Military SF with his first series, the Legends of the Dustwalker sequence starting with Three (2013), set in a Ruined Earth America and featuring the eponymous Hero; by the end of the sequence a Keep has been founded and defended from assault. The Outriders sequence beginning with Outriders (2016) features a cadre of mercenaries who defend the home planet from politically-radical Mars.
Posey's third series, the Ascendance sequence beginning with Every Sky a Grave (2019), takes place more ambitiously in a galaxy-wide Space Opera arena several millennia hence, after Homo sapiens has established complex quasi-Utopian dominion over several thousand planets, a hegemony enabled by the discovery of the "Deep Language" which, like the music of the spheres, shapes the universe. The protagonist, an adept at speaking words of power, having discovered a darker side to the Ascendance, is on the run. Her experiences with a living planet (see Living Worlds) augur further instalments. [JC]
Legends of the Dustwalker
- Three (New York: Angry Robot, 2013) [Legends of the Dustwalker: pb/Steven Meyer-Rassow]
- Morningside Fall (New York: Angry Robot, 2014) [Legends of the Dustwalker: pb/Steven Meyer-Rassow]
- Dawnbreaker (New York: Angry Robot, 2015) [Legends of the Dustwalker: pb/Steven Meyer-Rassow]
- Legends of the Dustwalker (New York: Angry Robot, 2018) [omni of the above three: ebook: Legends of the Dustwalker: na/Steven Meyer-Rassow]
- Outriders (New York: Angry Robot, 2016) [Outriders: pb/Larry Rostant]
- Sungrazer (New York: Angry Robot, 2017) [Outriders: pb/Larry Rostant]
- Every Sky a Grave (London: Harper Voyager/London: Forbidden Planet, 2020) [Ascendance: hb/Mike Topping]
- Every Star a Song (New York: Skybound Books, 2021) [Ascendance: pb/Joshua Pierce]
previous versions of this entry