Entry updated 26 October 2021. Tagged: Author, Editor.
(1959- ) German-born editor and author, in Australia from early childhood; co-founder of the magazine Aurealis in 1990, which he co-edited until 2001, taking on full editorship from 2011, when it became an Online Magazine; the two Anthologies of material reflecting his tenure are Aurealis: Australian Fantasy and Science Fiction: The Collector's Edition (anth 1992) with Stephen Higgins, and The Aurealis Mega Oz SF Anthology (anth 1999) with Stephen Higgins.
Strasser's fiction, starting with the Young Adult Graffiti (1993 chap) and climaxing with the Ascension sequence beginning with Zenith (1993), is supernatural horror or fantasy. [JC]
born Offenbach, Hesse, Germany: 1959
- Zenith (Sydney, New South Wales: Pan Macmillan Australia, 1993) [Ascension: pb/Mike Worrall]
- Equinox: The Second Book of Ascension (Sydney, New South Wales: Pan Macmillan Australia, 1996) [Ascension: pb/Mike Worrall]
- Eclipse: The Lost Book of Ascension (Sydney, New South Wales: Pan Macmillan Australia/Momentum, 2013) [Ascension: pb/XOU Creative]
- Graffiti (Auckland, New Zealand: Ashton Scholastic, 1993) [novella: chap: pb/Keith McEwan]
- Stories of the Sand (Melbourne, Victoria: Satalyte Publishing, 2014) [coll: pb/Andrew J McKiernan]
works as editor
- Aurealis: Australian Fantasy and Science Fiction: The Collectors' Edition (Mount Waverley, Victoria: Chimaera, 1992) with Stephen Higgins [anth: pb/]
- The Aurealis Mega Oz SF Anthology (Mount Waverley, Victoria: Chimaera, 1999) with Stephen Higgins [anth: pb/]
previous versions of this entry