Entry updated 12 September 2022. Tagged: Author, Editor.
(? - ) US publisher and author, founder of a book fiction blog which evolved into Underwords Press in 2012; it specializes in Young Adult material. She continues as publisher of the press. She began to publish work of genre interest with "The Foam Born" in Bloodstones (anth 2012) edited by Amanda Pillar, but has been more active as an editor of Original Anthologies, including the Futuredaze sequence beginning with Futuredaze: An Anthology of YA Fiction (Marblehead, Massachusetts 2013). Geek Theatre: 15 Plays by Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers (coll 2014) with Jen Gunnels assembles a range of plays by various authors, their length running from vignettes to full-scale dramas (see Theatre). The Grimm Future (anth 2016) absorbingly pairs new Twice-Told sf stories with the original tales from the various versions of Children's and Household Tales published by the Grimm Brothers from 1812 [for Grimm Brothers and Twice-Told see The Encyclopedia of Fantasy under links below]. [JC]
works as editor
- Futuredaze: An Anthology of YA Fiction (Marblehead, Massachusetts: Underwords Press, 2013) with Hannah Strom-Martin [anth: Futuredaze: pb/]
- Futuredaze 2: Reprise (Marblehead, Massachusetts: Underwords Press, 2014) with Nancy Holder [anth: Futuredaze: pb/]
- Geek Theater: 15 Plays by Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers (Marblehead, Massachusetts: Underwords Press, 2014) with Jen Gunnels [anth: pb/]
- The Grimm Future (Framingham, Massachusetts: NESFA Press, 2016) [anth: hb/Richard Anderson]
- Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- The Encyclopedia of Fantasy: Grimm Brothers; Twice-Told.
- Picture Gallery
previous versions of this entry