Entry updated 13 September 2022. Tagged: Author, Critic, Editor.
(1956- ) US author, editor, reviewer and publisher whose solo sf debut was "Lighting Candles on the River Styx" (March 1991 Amazing). His early novel-length work appeared in the 1980s in collaboration with Richard E Geis, under the pseudonym Richard Elliott (whom see for discussion of these books). Written in collaboration with Doug Odell, Elliott's Prince of Europe (2009) is the first part of the Nanoclone trilogy of thrillers exploring the physical and political transformations caused by a breakthrough in science and Technology. The second and third instalments, «Bishop of Rome» and «King of Jerusalem», await publication.
Elliott also wrote for Geis's Science Fiction Review (see The Alien Critic) 1977-1980, contributing the column "The Human Hotline: S-F News" and several author interviews; he edited the short-lived 1990-1992 revival of this title (see also Science Fiction Review). Another news column, "Science Fiction Hotline" with Bill Warren, appeared briefly in Galaxy in 1979.
Elliott edited the Nanotechnology-themed anthology Nanodreams (anth 1995) and, with Bruce Taylor (1947-2022), Like Water for Quarks (anth 2011), a book of stories fusing Magic Realism and science fiction. He is the editor (and his collaborator Doug Odell the publisher) for MVP Publishing, a small company specializing in works of science fiction, fantasy and magic realism, through which Elliott publishes his own work. [DRL]
Elton Thomas Elliott
born Portland, Oregon: 15 September 1956
- Prince of Europe (Salem, Oregon: MVP Publishing, 2009) with Doug Odell [Nanoclone: pb/]
- The Sword of Allah (New York: Fawcett Gold Medal, 1984) with Richard E Geis writing together as Richard Elliott [John Norris: pb/]
- The Burnt Lands (New York: Fawcett Gold Medal, 1985) with Richard E Geis writing together as Richard Elliott [John Norris: pb/]
- The Master File (New York: Fawcett Gold Medal, 1986) with Richard E Geis writing together as Richard Elliott [pb/]
- The Einstein Legacy (New York: Fawcett Gold Medal, 1987) with Richard E Geis writing together as Richard Elliott [pb/]
works as editor
- Nanodreams (New York: Baen Books, 1995) [anth: pb/Stephen Hickman]
- Like Water for Quarks (Salem, Oregon: MVP Publishing, 2011) with Bruce Taylor [anth: pb/Alan M Clark]
previous versions of this entry