Entry updated 12 September 2022. Tagged: Author.
(? - ) UK author and Television scriptwriter, formerly a detective inspector in the London Metropolitan Police, now living in New Zealand; his novels include several crime thrillers not listed below. He began to publish work of sf interest with Survivors: Genesis of a Hero (1977) as by John Eyers, Tie to the Television series Survivors (1975-1977) which is set some time after the series ends, in a balkanized Post-Holocaust UK still traumatized by the Great Death; a civil war begins between the National Unity Force, whose Dystopian territory is centred on Windsor Castle, and the Welsh Red Dragons, to whom the protagonist defects. In the end, a woman is pregnant with new life. After many years Hill returned to this scenario with the self-published sequel Survivors: Salvation (2021) as by John Eyers.
Under his own name Hill has published the initially Near-Future thriller sequence Evolution's Path. This opens with Killing Tomorrow (2013), a tale of Pandemic, and continues in the ensuing Post-Holocaust setting with The Ladies' Game (2015 ebook) and Procreation (2016). [JC/DRL]
works (highly selected)
- Survivors: Genesis of a Hero (London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1977) as by John Eyers [tie to the series: Survivors: hb/Grant Bradford and Andrew Ward]
- Survivors: Salvation (New Zealand: John Eyers, 2021) as by John Eyers [tie to the series: Survivors: hb/]
- Killing Tomorrow (New Zealand: Peter Hill, 2013) [Evolution's Path: pb/]
- The Ladies' Game (New Zealand: Peter Hill, 2015) [ebook: Evolution's Path: na/]
- Procreation (New Zealand: Peter Hill, 2013) [Evolution's Path: pb/]
- Evolution's Path: Omnibus Edition (New Zealand: Peter Hill, 2018) [omni of the above three: ebook: Evolution's Path: na/]
previous versions of this entry