Entry updated 16 August 2021. Tagged: Author.
(1949-2016) US illustrator, author and editor of a Survivalist newsletter. His first novel, Anti-Grav Unlimited (1988; vt Antigrav Unlimited 3.1 2015), features a super-competent tinker/inventor hero (see Edisonade; Invention) who – in a Post-Holocaust atmosphere almost perfectly designed to serve as an arena for his exploits – uses his ingenious Antigravity device to defeat, with the aid of a female Clone, a corporate cabal. The book is well crafted.
His Night Stalkers sequence is nonfantastic, though some volumes of this set of action thrillers [not listed below] verge fairly close to the Technothriller mode. Long also published the 1997 Spider Worlds Children's SF trilogy, and self-published the further standalone sf novels Wrong Side In (2008) and Lesser Gods (2013).
Duncan Eugene Long
born Smith Center, Kansas: 5 February 1949
died Manhattan, Kansas: 31 December 2016
- Spider Worlds (New York: HarperCollins, 1997) [Spider Worlds: pb/]
- Lost and Found (New York: HarperCollins, 1997) [Spider Worlds: pb/]
- Hiccups in Time (New York: HarperCollins, 1997) [Spider Worlds: pb/]
- Anti-Grav Unlimited (New York: Avon Books, 1988) [pb/Ron Walotsky]
- Antigrav Unlimited 3.1 (Manhattan, Kansas: Duncan Long Publications, 2015) [vt of the above: illus/pb/Duncan Long]
- Wrong Side In (Manhattan, Kansas: Duncan Long Publications, 2008) [illus/pb/Duncan Long]
- Lesser Gods (Manhattan, Kansas: Duncan Long Publications, 2013) [illus/pb/Duncan Long]
previous versions of this entry