Entry updated 12 September 2022. Tagged: Author.
(1971- ) Northern Irish author whose Inheritance Trilogy beginning with Abendau's Heir (2015) places into a dynastic Space Opera universe a family drama involving a ruthless Telepathic empress and her son; their conflict unpacks in a series of Military SF encounters. She is deposed, but regains her Galactic Empire, though only temporarily. Inish Carraig (2015), which is set in Near Future Belfast after an Alien Invasion; the anti-alien virus developed by defeated humanity threatens to create a Pandemic. The tale, which is fast-paced, negotiates an inevitable effect of what might be called echolalia: Northern Ireland in the time of Troubles rings through every aspect of the telling.
Waters and the Wild (2017) and The Wildest Hunt (2021) are fantasies. [JC]
born Northern Ireland: 1971
- Abendau's Heir (North Blyth, Northumberland: Tickety Boo Press, 2015) [Inheritance Trilogy: pb/]
- Sunset Over Abendau (North Blyth, Northumberland: Tickety Boo Press, 2016) [Inheritance Trilogy: pb/]
- Abenbdau's Legacy (North Blyth, Northumberland: Tickety Boo Press, 2016) [Inheritance Trilogy: pb/]
- Inish Carraig (CreateSpace, 2015) [pb/]
- Waters and the Wild (England: Inspired Quill Publishing, 2017) [pb/]
- The Wildest Hunt (England: Inspired Quill Publishing, 2021) [pb/]
previous versions of this entry