Entry updated 27 July 2023. Tagged: Author.
(? - ) US author who began to publish work of genre interest with Midnight in Absheron (12 September 2014 Perihelion; 2016 ebook). He is best known for the Mickey7 series of Planetary Romances within a Space Opera frame, beginning with Mickey7 (2022), whose multiply Cloned protagonist serves through several iterations, which for unclear reasons must be kept secret, as an Expendable on a colony planet. The first-person narrative is told lightly.
Ashton's first novel, Three Days in April (2015), a singleton, is fantasy. The End of Ordinary (2017) is set in a Near Future world about to be upset by a Scientist's experiments in Genetic Engineering just after a destabilizing War. [JC]
- Mickey7 (New York: St Martin's Press, 2022) [Mickey7: hb/Ervin Serrano]
- Antimatter Blues (New York: St Martin's Press, 2023) [Mickey7: hb/Ervin Serrano]
- Three Days in April (New York: Harper Voyager Impulse, 2015) [pb/]
- The End of Ordinary (New York: Harper Voyager Impulse, 2017) [pb/]
collections and stories
- Midnight in Absheron (no place given: Digital Science Fiction, 2016) [story: first appeared 12 September 2014 Perihelion: na/]
previous versions of this entry