Entry updated 14 November 2022. Tagged: Author.
Pseudonym of US romance author Nancy J Cohen (1948- ), best known under her own name for the Bad Hair Day sequence of nonfantastic mysteries beginning with Permed to Death (1999) and continuing for many volumes [not here listed]. Her first work of sf interest, the Light-Years Trilogy beginning with Circle of Light (1994), is a Space Opera engaging many race in interstellar War, with an Alien civilization threatening Homo sapiens, and a deadly Pandemic approaching Earth from space. Romance elements are subdued at points, but surface. Keeper of the Rings (1996), which is a singleton, is a Planetary Romance set on a low-Technology planet whose true nature is due to be revealed through the discovery of an ancient artefact by protagonists in love with each other. [JC]
Nancy J Cohen
born New Jersey: 25 November 1948
works (highly selected)
- Circle of Light (New York: Love Spell, 1994) [Light-Years Trilogy: pb/]
- Moonlight Rhapsody (New York: Love Spell, 1994) [Light-Years Trilogy: pb/]
- Starlight Child (New York: Love Spell, 1995) [Light-Years Trilogy: pb/]
- Keeper of the Rings (New York: Love Spell, 1996) [pb/John Ennis]
- Nancy J Cohen
- Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- "Futuristic Romances: An Annotated Bibliography of the Futuristic Romances Published by Leisure Books and Love Spell"
previous versions of this entry